Designing User Experience with Willy Lai, co-hosted by Google Campus Warsaw
Learn how to design great UX from Willy Lai, recent Apple Director of UX Design and UC Berkeley Instructor and Advisor based in Silicon Valley. In this highly immersive 1-day UX design workshop, attendees will form teams and learn all phases of the UX design process through lectures, hands-on exercises, and class discussions. The workshop is intended for both design and non-design professionals, from novice to advanced skill levels. Attendees will not only deepen their UX design skills and understanding of UX, but will also learn the most effective ways to collaborate cross-functionally, lead, and influence organizations to adopt great UX design.
The workshop will cover essential principles, concepts, methodologies, and current trends in UX design, including: user-centered design, product ideation, concept design, design thinking, UX layers, user interface (UI) design, interaction design, information architecture, sitemaps, card sorting, flow charts, task analysis, task flows, UI wireframes, navigation design, mobile design, responsive design, adaptive design, native design, visual design, flat design, material design, gestalt psychology, content, prototypes, strategy, business goals, competitive analysis, usage metrics, scope, feature value analysis, minimum viable product (MVP), user needs, user research, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, usability testing, personas, and heuristic evaluation.
Created by: Willy Lai, recent Apple Director of UX Design and UC Berkeley Instructor and Advisor
Certified by: THE STORY and Willy Lai
Number of participants: 10 - 30
In this highly immersive 1-day workshop, you'll not only learn directly from Willy Lai, but network and learn from other attendees at the workshop. Both designers and non-designers alike will greatly benefit from this workshop.
1. Designers (UX, Interaction, Visual, Graphic, Print, Information Architects, User Researchers, Content Writers, Prototypers, etc.):
- Novice: Whether you're transitioning to UX design or are new to UX design, this workshop will provide you with a comprehensive overview of UX design, including UX essentials and current trends in UX. You'll gain essential hands-on UX skills that you can apply immediately after the workshop. You'll also learn about career paths, how to transition into UX leveraging your design background, and how to become a successful UX practitioner.
- Intermediate: Hone your UX skills while learning advanced UX concepts and current trends in UX. Develop strategic UX skills, including the business value of your work. Develop your collaboration and communication skills with cross-functional colleagues. Learn how to advance your career into a senior contributor or lead/managerial role.
- Advanced (Senior UX Designer to Lead/Manager/Head of UX Design): Hone your strategic UX skills, aligning your work or your team's work to the strategic interests of your organization. You'll gain data and statistics that you can share with your organizations to help justify the ROI of UX design projects. Learn advanced UX process and methodologies, project management skills, as well as how to lead and influence organizations to adopt new designs.
2. Non-Designers (Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Developers, QA, Sales, Business Development, etc.):
- Transitioning to UX: If you're looking to transition into a UX role, this 1-day workshop will provide you a comprehensive overview of UX design, including UX essentials and current trends in UX. You'll gain essential hands-on UX skills that you can apply immediately after the workshop. You'll also learn about career paths, how to transition into UX leveraging your non-design background, and how to become a successful UX practitioner.
- Enriching your knowledge of UX: If you're looking to enrich your knowledge of UX, this 1-day workshop will provide you a comprehensive overview of UX design, including UX essentials and current trends in UX. Learn how to improve collaboration with your UX colleagues with the knowledge you'll gain from this workshop.